CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sing it with me!


Oh-oh-oooooooh
Muffin top!

You'll always be - over the band of my jeaaaaaaaans!
Bad old muffin top...
Muffin top Mormon-yyyyyyy
Muffin top Mormon-yyyyyyy-yyyyyy

I can't stand it anymore. I'm losing all the weight I've gained with this calling.  Starting NOW.

Well, actually, starting yesterday, if we're going to be technical about it.

After I cleaned all that dust out of the exercise room, you'd've thought I would have stuck with working out. You'd've been right, too!  But 1.0 kicked me with her boot (oh yes she did!  Anger management classes are clearly in the child's future) and knocked my perfect pedicured tootsie's nail off.

Ergo, no sneakers for this Mormon.

But I tried working out again yesterday and it went well.  I'm fighting shin splints fierce, but while that's a pain, I always perk myself up when I realize I have shin splints because I have seriously great calf muscles that are stronger (and more attractive) than my front-of-the-leg-muscles (whatever those wimps are called.)  I worked on them for a long time (the whats-er-name muscles) and hope to show them who is the boss within a few days.  

I got to my lowest weight of adulthood after I had 3.0 and I'm headed there again, homeys.  I have been so stressed out about everyone in the ward's life dramas, I find myself eating and eating and eating while I worry.  And I was having trouble finding time to work out - it seemed everyone needed a piece of my day.

But things are calming down and I've found an hour a day I can get working out done.

I know I'll never be thin - I love food too much. But I want to feel better.

I'm also back on my strict "No food after 7 pm" rule.  That was a great help last go round, but it's so dang hard.  But it helps keep food out of my choppers for at least 12 hours a day. Most folks' dramas seem to happen at night and they want to talk to their handy dandy Relief Society President, but I'm just going to stay awaaaaay from the Sara Lee during those hours.  

I decided to treat myself to a pedicure for every 2 weeks that I stick with my daily working out. That way I'll have great toes AND a less-jiggly bum.  I gave myself an advance pedi today as incentive. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. 

My goal is to run a 5K within a year from now. I totally have the endurance - it's the flocking shins (those great calves of mine are such a curse!)  I am hoping by announcing my goal here, I will, well, STICK TO IT!  :)  A ton of gals in my ward keep doing triathlons and while I wish I could muster the enthusiasm to join them, I just can't.  I am just not interested in doing that, but I would like to really challenge and stretch myself somehow more physically.  We'll see!

Bye bye Muffin Top
And not from buying fatter jeans...
Not from buying fatter jeaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaans!

2 comments:

MNBandMom said...

Your blog post made me hungry.

:)

Mama said...

The mere mention of a muffin top makes ya want to eat, huh? I bet you could be hypnotized...I'm just saying...