CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just so ya know...

...I believe things should live up to their names.  If you say you are butt paste, I know immediately what you are. Same with carpet cleaner or stain remover.  I would expect those things to, respectively, paste my bum, clean my carpet, and remove my stains.

Which brings me to my point that...Fantastik is not so much Fantastick-y.


I was told it was the best stain remover out there. I wondered about that claim, seeing as it doesn't say "stain remover" on my bottle. (Is there another Fantastik?)  Perhaps my mother-in-law was smoking crack when she made that claim? 

It isn't the best stain remover. In fact, it hasn't gotten a single stain out, yet.  And it managed to ruin a shirt.  A very high-quality $2.50 Wal-Mart flag tee is now trash, good people.

So, I finally moved Fantastik from the laundry room to the kitchen. I thought surely there, it would live up to its name.

Nope.

It's not Fantastik at cleaning off your range.  It's not Fantastik at cleaning the smudges off of your very white fridge. It's not Fantastik at getting grime off the counter.

Folks, it's not even Groovy or Helpful.

It could pass as Marginal.

I just thought I should let the world know.  

5 comments:

MNBandMom said...

Personally, I like SHOUT for stain removal in the laundry. As far as I know, the stuff never SHOUTS or even utters a word. So, I guess you could say it's false advertising on that front.

Mama said...

Clearly, Shout should have been named, "Mute but effective laundry stain remover"

sigh

Why am I not consulted about these things?

Drama "O" said...

Don't hate me but I love the smell of Lemon Fantastic and it cleans up spots on a pergo floor and a sticky counter really great !

I have never used it as a stain remover on clothing though or a stain remover in general ???

Mama said...

Drama - if you say lemon Fantastik is fantastic, then it is so, because all you say is truth. This wasn't lemon.

My mother-in-law said she learned that it was the best laundry stain treater out there. Let me tell ya - it isn't!

MNBandMom said...

I like Lysol disinfectant spray for counters and spot cleaning ( I don't use any cleaners on my pergo. I use warm water with a touch of dish soap in it ).