CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oh yes oh yes oh yes!!!


I don't watch a ton of TV. For the most part, I have trouble sitting still that long.  Now, that's not to say the TV isn't on. It's on a lot for me to fall asleep, etc. But I'm pretty picky about programs I'll sit and watch.  And a lot of what is on now is reality TV - which overall, I'm not super duper into.


But there are two huge exceptions. I love and I mean LOVE Project Runway.  That show is fierce.  (Now - what the monkey is a "hot tranny mess?"  Maybe I don't want to know.)

And I love - am addicted to - consider it a highlight of my week  to watch.........DANCING WITH THE STARS!

Oh man - I'm so excited, homeys!  It's on this week, it's on this week!!!

I'm a mess for this show. (Perhaps a hot tranny one, if it doesn't mean something totally wonky.)  I pretend I'm a famous dancer and try the moves at home. The kids mock me and I send them to their rooms until they tell me I'm amazing and clearly should be on the show. (That's a perk of motherhood - forcing the children to sing my adulations.)

I love the show in high def and seeing all the sparkles. I imagine myself looking trim and glitterized and I get giddy.  I am very in love for the live music and the judges. Oh - Len Goodman.  I'd cha cha with you, ya meanie!

There's a lot I'm looking forward to seeing this season of the show. For instance, I want to see if Priscilla Presley's face ever moves or if it is, in fact, frozen to look like The Joker forever.  I also am dying to see if they have her dance to an Elvis ditty. Come on - you know you want to see her tribute dance to The King, too.

Marlee Matlin?  HELLO - that'll be fascinating.  Not since Heather Mills have we seen someone on the show with such a clear dance challenge.  Unless, of course, we are going to count Wayne Newton.  he he he

Penn Gillette can make the competition disappear. This should be good!  

And they got Steven Guttenberg?  I wonder if he'll waltz with a printing press?  (In my head, that was so hysterically funny.) Who is Steven Guttenberg, folks?

I predict Kristi Yamaguchi to be America's sweetheart once again.  After, of course, myself.  
Any other Dancing with the Stars lovers out there?  

I am dying to see Julianne Hough (my fav) with Adam Carolla. I don't see him being much of a dancer, so this should be a panic.  I suspect he'll corrupt that little Mormon girl.  

Ahhh, so it's certain to be a good week this week.  A dancing, bedazzled, co-host fest of a week!  YAY!

7 comments:

MNBandMom said...

There's nothing more that I want than to Meg with you on this but I have to come clean.... I DO NOT see the attraction to this show. I'm sorry!! I've said it...now I can heal.

Mama said...

gasp

The attraction is clearly the glitter. Who doesn't want to wear glitter and twirl around?

You never took dance lessons as a kid, did you?

Mama said...

Oh - I meant to add (and got distracted by my dreams of pase double-ing with Mr. Mormon) that it's a kind of funny reality show. Especially later in the season, they do some funny bits on how silly it is and they have this Sports Center type of bit where they rank the folks and mock them.

Sadly, I'm all about mocking the celebrities.

And I like to watch how much weight they lose. I imagine that *I* am Marie Osmond and am now a hottie tottie....


Is that wrong? 0_0

MNBandMom said...

You ARE a hottie tottie and Marie is adorable but sadly....the show is not doing it for me.


I WOULD watch if you and Mit were on there though...especially if you danced together. Is that wrong?


Oh and no...no dance classes in my family lineage ( it wouldn't be practical 0_0 ).

Mama said...

You know if Mit danced with me -she'd lead.

Lack of dance classes as a baby explains it all, mon. Most little girls who take dance class, in my experience, never seem to get it *all* out of their system. Seems like for forever, we continue to walk on our toes, stand a little taller, and are attracted to sequins, but are too mature to admit it.

MNBandMom said...

Never had a desire to wear that stuff. Obviously, my parents abused me by NOT putting me in dance. Yet another reason to sue them.

Mama said...

Clearly, they were abusive parents.