CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Addictions are bad



One shouldn't be addicted to anything.  Even an addiction to something conceivably good can lead one down a bad, slippery slope to yuck-ville.  Take, say - an addiction to working out. It can lead one to be completely preoccupied about her figure, her weight, and it will make her no fun at parties.  

I try to keep some balance in my life and avoid addictions. But sadly, of late, I've failed.  I've seen that Tree of Addictions and I'm standing on the Trunk of Shame. I need to let go, but I'm weak.  I'm weak to Reality TV.

First, it was Project Runway.

Then, Dancing with the Stars.

And now....weep....



Real Housewives of New York City

Oh yes I do too like it.  And beyond just liking it, I'm totally drawn in like a moth to the flame.

I want to know about Fashion Week and Trunk Shows and the Hamptons. I want to see Ferarris and people flying private planes between Martha's Vineyard and the Hamptons at 5k a pop. I want to know how the other half lives. I'm weak to it!  It's the brownstones and being wait listed at pre-Ks and having a car service that just sucks me in and keeps me coming back for more. Thank goodness for insomnia last night so I could get caught up.  

Apparently, you do not need to be an actual housewife to participate in this show.  One is a countess (which I barely think counts), 2 others have full-time jobs, and one is not married.  There is a "true" housewife who has a French au pair for her boys, Johann and Francois. Rough life.
 
Is there a 12-step-program for my addiction?  

(Mom - you'd be in love with this show. I think you would too, Momi.  Watch it with me and I'll be your enabler!!)  

10 comments:

Mr. Mormon said...

My wife - the voyeur.

Carrot Jello said...

If R.H.N.Y.C. is bad, then I don't want to be good.

Momijimanjyu said...

I guess this addiction is better than ohhhh I dont know.....cleaning!! LMAO

Unknown said...

You are one funny mama!

After reading your profile, I have a couple suggestions for you.

Good movies=Bollywood

Good music by an LDS Artist=Sam Payne

You can thank me later.

Nancy Face said...

I am not addicted to any show. Heck, I don't even watch TV!

I spend all the time I COULD be watching TV exercising. Yep, I'm addicted to working out. I am preoccupied by my figure and my weight...but I'm still fun at parties, because I know when to take a break from all that healthy stuff! ;)

Thanks for visiting my blog! :D

Mama said...

I don't want to be good, either, Carrot.

Momi - gasp - how dare you throw my cleaning obsessions at me. GASP

Annie - thanks for the suggestions. If they make it to a reality TV show, I'm golden!

And Nancy - if you can be a work-out-aholic and as darling as you are, I'm all set to be addicted to something!

Momijimanjyu said...

LMAO

Drama "O" said...

Mama I can' believe you are admitting being addicted to reality TV.

By the way did you happen to catch Chelsia's exit from the Big Brother house last night ?!?! 0_0

Mama said...

Drama - please forgive me - I have sinned. It has been a while since my last confession. I have not watched any Big Brother this season.

I've been too weak from watching Project Runway, Dancing with the Stars, John and Kate Plus 8, Little People - Big World, and now Real Housewives of NYC to invest in more reality TV crazies.

And in my spare time, Mr. Mormon makes me watch House.

I've failed you. I'm sorry!!
weep

Mama said...

Drama - please forgive me - I have sinned. It has been a while since my last confession. I have not watched any Big Brother this season.

I've been too weak from watching Project Runway, Dancing with the Stars, John and Kate Plus 8, Little People - Big World, and now Real Housewives of NYC to invest in more reality TV crazies.

And in my spare time, Mr. Mormon makes me watch House.

I've failed you. I'm sorry!!
weep