CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

The mighty mighty 1.0!

Today, 1.0 and 2.0 got to experience firsthand why I, and so many others around the world, have a fierce love of....



KICKBALL!!!!


If I've said it once, I've said it a good 5 or 6  times....straight out of high school, I should have been drafted onto a major league kickball team. In my mind, I'd envisioned making my first million as a professional kickball player - traveling the world - seeing the sights - making the cover of a Wheaties box.

And then, much like the 1992 basketball Dream Team members, I pictured myself stepping down from professional kickball for a short time in order to play for the US National Kickball Team in.....(duh)  THE OLYMPICS!  

I wasn't sure if we'd take home the gold. My imagination allowed for some big egos on our team that might thwart our ultimate victory. But I knew no matter what, I'd clearly be America's kickball version of Mary Lou Retton.  Well, Mary Lou plus some height and minus a leo.  I think we'd be equals on the vault.  But I digress...

I've often told my daughters of my great love of the sport.  They know of my glory days and my prowess on the clay.  And today - they tasted of the goodness that is kickball.  I was so happy and so proud to realize they follow in my footsteps (or kicks, as the case may be) as 1.0 made (now mind you - this was her first ever introduction to the sport!) a HOME RUN!

OH YES SHE DID!!!!

Someone in this family is gonna be an Olympian yet! That kid isn't going to get picked last on the team tomorrow, I'll tell you that right now!  Oh yeah...that's right...jump back........be afraaaaaaaaaaid of that fierce 40 pounds...chicken legs my butt - those are home run legs baby...

4 comments:

Mr. Mormon said...

*Face-palms* Here's the analogy I see: Mama is to kickball, as Al Bundy is to football.

And, I love the kid, truly, but I can't see little miss blonde-haired-not-coordinated-outside-of-dance-
super-dainty-who-flinches-at-her-own-shadow being able to run and catch a ball kicked to her. There is more to kickball then... well... kicking the ball.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you'll be able to live your kickball glory through 1.0. Nope, just ain't gonna happen.

Mama said...

gasp

As AL BUNDY IS TO FOOTBALL?!

Are you kidding me? Do you ever want to eat in this home again? Stupid, stupid man!!!

I'm telling you, on the clay, it's entirely possible that the child becomes an athlete. Who are we to doubt the power of the red ball? Oh ye of little faith....

Momijimanjyu said...

The pic you chose for this blog freaks me out.

Mama said...

It's the uniform of my sport. Know it.

:)