CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Water park observations


Today, our family went to a new water park in our city. It was a blast. It was 2.0's birthday gift/party and a good time was had by all.  


As usual, my favorite activity was people watching. I could people watch all day if loitering weren't so frowned upon.  And when I watch folks, I try to learn from their successes and, well, their foibles.  And no doubt, they mine!

So here are some of Mama's Musings.  Feel free to chime in.



1.  Chubby-butted girls of America - hear me out. I am one of you.  I love the donut, too.  And we should not be ashamed of our bods. Nosireebob.  

But cuties, we must be prudent. There are swimsuits in our size that we should never wear. When we are, say, 450 pounds, we should, possibly pass on the two-piece swimsuit. 

Particularly, the skimpy, two-piece swimsuit.  

Particularly the skimpy, two-piece swimsuit that falls off in the wave pool.

I believe in you! I know you can find something sexy and large.  Don't stick to just Wal-Mart. It's time to google, darlings.



2.  Speaking of my larger angels...I know, ladies, it can be hard to find a great suit. Something fun that offers plenty of support and coverage and smooths out the parts that need smoothing - whew - it can be tricky. I know that!  

But let's not just go in the water in, oh, say,  a white t-shirt with no bra on underneath, and some shorts. 

See - believe this or not! - the rest of us are going to be able to see through that shirt when it gets wet.   

Now, we're not going to mock you for this mistake now, but let's try not to do that again, K?



3.  Let's just get this out there in the open. 

Men.  Back hair.  Some of you have it.  Some of you have a lot of it.

A lot lot.

OK - it's not your fault!  Blame your parents.  But let's consider some removal processes. 

This might not be for everyone - I get that. But for those of you who let your children sit on your back and braid it and put it in pony tail holders, it might be time to think about, gosh, even just a trim.  Take an inch or so off the top.

I'm just saying...



4.  Seeing as I've now captured my dude audience, let me just share this.  Women - you feel free to say it along with me.

No

man

who

likes

girls

looks

good

in

a

Speedo.



Evah.

Not when they are little boys - not when they are old - not when they are slim - not in the right kind of lighting....just plain never.

I could elaborate on the giant disservice it is doing for y'all, but I will take the high road.  Don't kill the messenger my friends.  It seemed like a good idea. It wasn't.  Don't make this bigger than it is - just live and learn - live and learn.



5.  Tevas.  Let's face it. These are insanely ugly shoes.  You know it - I know it - your feet know it.  Your feet weep when you pull those bad boys out.  

But let's not add insult to injury, good people. There's no need to have Tevas AND toes that look like this.  ugly feet

Ultimately, I'd like to see you have neither, but, I will concede that perhaps I am in the wrong and Tevas' 1995-beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I should shut up. But I stand firm on this - there's no reason to have severely funky toes AND Tevas.  Choose you this day - fungi nails OR overly strapped, velcro-ed monstrosities.  

Not both.



5.  Bathing suits are for covering body parts. Not exposing usually hidden ones.

So, when you are spilling out of your top, it might be time to get a new suit. Clearly, your dryer did something horrible to your suit - it is not your fault. But it is your responsibility to hide your parts from us. 

Think of it as a game.  You hide your parts and we, ummm, well, we'll work on that part of the game at a later date.

I know - I know - in Europe, it's all good. But sadly, we're here. Bummer.  Now put the ta-tas away.  Because when you don't, it makes 3.0 say, "I see big, strong boobies!"

And while that is insanely funny to me, when you get all persnickety about it, you're just ruining all the best giggles.

There ya have it. Just a few of Mama's Musings about water parks.  Now, do you care to share?

6 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

I humbly disagree with your assessment of Speedos. Some men look good in them. I'm not one of them, but they exist. Perhaps it's a question of audience--it's not that men who like girls never look good in Speedos, but rather that if it's girls they want looking at them then they shouldn't wear Speedos.

MNBandMom said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peeing my pants at that post!!


In addition to, WHAT WOULD JACKIE DO.... me thinks we should add WHAT WOULD MAMA DO when bathing suit shopping.

Mama happened to URGE me ( emphasis on urge ) to purchase a new suit after I shared with her that my family mocked mine on a vacation a while back ( who knew a 10 year old swimsuit with sagging elastic...ahhem and other sagging thingies ...was un-attractive!! ) She directed me to the Land's End website and pretty much bossed me into a suit that I would never have picked for myself.....THE rest is history friends. I am now a pin up for the SOCCER MOMS WITH CELLULITE calendar.

Mama - in addition to your observations on bathing suits, I would like to add that women over 50 shouldn't wear short shimmery low cut halter dresses to Balls ( I think you've give me my latest idea for my blog ).

;)

Mama said...

Oh - no they should not wear that to a ball.

In the case of a ball, we all need to think, "What would Cinderella do?"

snort

FOB, since your disagreement is proffered with humility, I will consider it. I plan on doing some research this summer and we'll see who emerges the victor on this one. Clearly, we'll need photographic evidence - be prepared.

MNBandMom said...

Mr.Fob - no man looks good in a Speedo - period. Not possible. It's sort of like the 50 year old divorced guy that thinks he looks hot in the corevette. We all smile and nod and secretly mock them behind their backs.

Speedos ....well...only bring out some mens' ...ahhem...short comings.

There... I said it... I now wait to be flogged.

Unknown said...

My sis has a great saying that I chant like a mantra whenever swimsuit season rolls around.

"No matter how fat and white you think you are, there will always be someone at the beach/pool who is fatter and whiter than you."

Mama said...

Ohhh - I like that line, Annie.

But then there's the worry - what if I can't find anyone fatter and whiter?

FWIW - I know you would not have Fritos toenails ever, Annie.