CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Visiting Teaching

I ran into my friend today. On Sunday, she'll be set apart as her ward's Relief Society President.

Like me, her husband is in the Bishopric (mine is second counselor - hers is first.)  We both have 3 young children at home.  Both of us had been serving (happily!) in Primary before this call.


She had called me last week to talk about it, but I was out of town.  She's in a different stake now (she was my Primary President predecessor - crazy parallel lives), and it's good to have a Relief Society President-friend in a different stake to bounce ideas off of.  She had a lot of questions and I didn't have a lot of answers, but we chatted and cried and explored the scariness and happiness of it all.  We talked about the joys of seeing folks work through their problems and the many blessings that come with the calling.

I told her Visiting Teaching is the KEY to a smooth running Relief Society and remembered our hysterical Visiting Teaching movie!  C-Dawg, St. Counselor and I showed this movie at our Visiting Teaching interviews last October.  Before your interview, you watched this movie, ate some chocolate, filled out paperwork, laughed, cried, and bonded with your sisters.

As I was emailing this movie to my newest Presidential sister, I thought I'd share it with y'all, too. I hope it makes you laugh and maybe inspires you a little...

(Oh, and for what it's worth, I highly recommended blogging your worries away to my friend. I told her how kind many of y'all have been to me and she laughed.  I laughed too, but I was serious about how thankful I am of having my own cyber Relief Society.)



8 comments:

Momijimanjyu said...

That's so cool that you 2 can relate and know each other well.

I've seen that video before but watched again. lol

The RS Pres asked me to visit teach and I was like heck no. I'm not even an active member so it would be hypocritical to do so. Right? lol

Anyways that video showing the "family affair" my VT bring their kids. One brings her daughter, who is well behaved. The other brings 3 kids who make my apartment look like a tornado just went through. Also, they have marker on their faces and dirty. So I said for May...."Hey maybe we can meet at a park". LMAO

MNBandMom said...

I would love to HEAR the video but the disco tune is playing too loudly - take off your platform shoes and disable the darn thing!

BTW, I think our new motto should be WWJD - what would JACKIE do??

Mama said...

MM - you pause the player and then you watch the video. :)

Momi - it's not hypocritical at all, but if you don't want to, that's fine, too. The funniest thing to me is the one where they actually throw the message at the house and break the window! ROFL

I've had the house destroying kids ones assigned to me. 0_0 That's when I started meeting them at the park, too - MEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MNBandMom said...

Oh............. I'll put my head down now.


Mea Culpa!!

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

"What would JACKIE do?" Ummmmmm . . . . before I answer that, I need to know just how strong you are feeling. I, CERTAINLY, do to be the reason you develop an, ummm, SERVICE problem. :-/

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

Oh good grief . . . I can't even be smart-alecky right! What I MEANT to say was: "I, CERTAINLY, do NOT want to be the reason you develop an, ummm, SERVICE problem. :-/

Mama said...

Jackie - MM will never have a service problem. She's a lazy oaf.

She can't read the comments here, right?

0_0

MNBandMom said...

Jackie can't read - rumor has it she can't write either. She is Eura Snot's twin sister.

There...I said it...now I am prepared to be killed.