CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Life in paradise


It's pretty good living in Florida.  It's lovely a lot of the year. The clothes here are great. I was just reflecting on that a couple of days ago, in fact.  You can wear cute flip flops and sandals all year and that makes my feet oh-so-happy. Style-wise, anything goes and it's fashionable to be fashionable.  Sure, it gets hot down here - but there's a pool every few feet.  It's always green and gorgeous and there's continually something in bloom to make you smile.


Yup - life here is pretty good.

Minus, ya know, the bugs.  And, the ummm, gators.  The gators that flock to my yard are especially pesky.  Yeah, I said gatorS.  Plural.  Because there's another dang gator out there right now!!!

I was just chittering chattering with Jackie Oh today when I spotted Stripey. I thought he was pretty big, but on second glance, I think he's more like a 4-5 footer.  He's still stripey, so I think that means he's a baby. But he's a BIG baby.  I never remember seeing one this big still striped.

If I'm going to have another pet gator on our pond, I SO better not get hit with a hurricane this year.   

Above is a picture of our last gator neighbor.  I'll try to get a picture of the newbie tomorrow.  

6 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

That's insane. I will never ever live in Florida. Have they eaten any of your children?

Mama said...

Yes. The gators got my first born. They also made off with some of my hanging chads.

WEEP

MNBandMom said...

What a coincedence!! Read here:

http://bipartisonpartypalace.yuku.com/topic/3769

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

So THAT'S what happened to 1.0 . . . who knew? At least the dogs were spared!

MNBandMom said...

Indeed - it would have been tragic to lose the dogs.

I'm hankering for some aligator shoes and a matching handbag....can that be done?

Mama said...

I can't find the gator today.

The turtle that has been sleeping on the embankment is gone, as well.

ruh roh!