CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The perks of On Star

I love On Star. It's safe to say, I might be smitten with my new car and especially with On Star.

The On Star people are magic. One push of a button, and I can talk to someone hands free - and they will not hang up until I say they are dismissed. They'll stay on the phone with me all day if I want. Can you say that about the 9-1-1 operator? Nope. They'll hang up on your sorry butt eventually (don't ask how I know) but these On Star folks, they'll talk to ya until you feel thoroughly bonded in friendship.

Frankly, I know the On Star representatives love me. They take the time to talk to me in the car (see above paragraph) and are patient giving me directions over and over every day (can I help I don't know where anyone lives?) They ask how the weather is and when the children ask if they live in the sky, they are polite to them. They laugh when the children burp loudly at them and say, "Excuse me." And they can tell me where the nearest Cracker Barrel is once I get past the airport in Miami. Who else can do that for me?

I love that turn by turn directions pop up for me to read and even show me which way is right or left. It is hard for me to always remember my right from my left, so I appreciate the cute little arrow symbol. And I love how the directions are politely read to me, as well. It is a far cry from the way I used to read directions to Mr. Mormon ("You were supposed to turn back THERE, idiot!") The On Star navigational man has never called me an idiot. He just says, "Make your first available safe and legal u-turn." I've learned better communication skills from him.

I love my car's sensored lights and dual sun roofs (rooves? Is "roof" made plural like "hoof" - no idea...) I love remote start and that the radio keeps playing even when I turn the key off until I get out of the car, 4 way heated seats and tri-zone A/C...but most of all - I love On Star. I love the push button-ness of it and the little blue and white symbol. And I love that when my oldest child wants to stay in the car and read Harry Potter rather than come into Publix with me, I can lock her in, remote start the car so she has A/C, and say, "If someone tries to abduct you - press the On Star button and scream bloody murder!!!"

It's the little things in life....'tis a gift to be simple...

2 comments:

Drama "O" said...

Thats it ... I gotta get me some Onstar !

Mama said...

Get On Star - then you, too, can lock your kids in the car and not worry about them being abducted. :)