CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My husband does not suck eggs.

OK, I'm not going to list all the reasons why at this time....but I'd like to announce to the blogosphere that I have the best husband in the world.

I've been aching and feeling like crap the past couple of days and he took the day off to fill not one but 2 food orders with me. And he took the kids with us so that we could teach them where our fast offering funds go and how the Bishop's Storehouse works (which, btw, is really stinking cool!)

He shopped for these families - loaded both orders up in the car in the 80+ degree heat (with no help) - helped a little old man load up his car as well - and then helped me deliver one 2-week order for a family of 3 that was on the third floor of an apartment building.

Oh yes - he's the man.

I hear other wives say their husbands don't notice their needs or "get" them - but I have to say, I can't complain that way. The man saw I was in pain, brought me Advil, and took off for the day to help me with a physically strenuous task. He rocks. He even let me get a nap in.

This post will garner no responses, but you can know I think you're purty cool....for a boy. Here's to you, ya -

3 comments:

Mr. Mormon said...

*blushes beet red*

Man, am I glad that the vast man-wing conspiracy has kept the general expectations for men very low. Now if I was a sister-wife, there'd be disappointment that I didn't also clean the house and make dinner. :-)

But it's not hard to wanna take a day off to spend with MamaMormon, virtually any excuse will do. And she failed to mention that it was her super-motherly idea to take the kidlets.

But thanks, Mama, me love you, too, for true. I've very glad I've gotten off the Bishopric-is-poo list. *phew* :-)

Mama said...

Oh - the Bishopric is still poo - but you suck considerably less than the other 2.

:)

ROFL - will we start calling each other "Mr. Mormon" and "Mama" at home? Because if we did, that would be a little creepy.

I'm just saying...

MNBandMom said...

He is definitely a keeper.... I think I shall send him my Hilary nutcracker as a reward!