CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Before and After

For as long as I can remember, when I am stressed, I need to do something creative. Poor Mr. Mormon has gotten roped into more of my hairbrained artistic schemes when I needed to decompress. I've done everything from gluing sewing patterns onto my walls to writing on the play room walls with rope to turning my kids' room into a finger paint chair-rail mural extravaganza.

This past week, I'd had it with my bathroom and decided that it needed a makeover. And I had the stress to do it. Oh yes I did!

The master bath has become a pit. Everyone is now using it. Why have more potties when we can all use one? sigh

So - here's the before picture. Now granted, it usually does look way cuter than this in that bathroom. But this picture was taken post 5 folks getting ready in there. And frankly, I wanted it to look pretty bad so the end result would be more impressive. That's the way I operate. I'm sneaky.



Ohhh - that's ugly. I know you are saying to yourself, "Show me more ugly, Mama! I love to see your funk!"

OK, you asked for it.



Embarrassingly bad, I know.

But 3.0 and I set to work to make some improvements. I didn't feel like painting. I've painted a lot of the upstairs, but I'm keeping downstairs all one color. So, I wanted color, but not from painting. What's a Mormon to do? You can see for yourself!




We started with a hint of yellow.



Added a wreath.



Rearranged and called it a day.

The kid toys have been contained in the tub and the towels have a lovely new basket home that makes life easier for everyone. And that big mirrored box -that is my new kick-arse jewlery box. Oh yes it is!! I was going to take a picture of what it looked like on the inside, but didn't want y'all casing my home to thief my Target jewelry.

I'd love to get a new mirror(s) and light fixtures, but my need for immediate satisfaction trumped the patience of waiting for something that was ordered. Well, that and, uuuuuum, I'm cheap. 7 feet of mirror isn't super cheap to replace - especially if you want something cuter than the bare bones yuck that I have.

So - that was my latest creative endeavor. I love it. It's not as girly in person as it looks here. The carpet on the floor is brown as brown can be. What says "manly" like a brown IKEA rug that was $14.99?

3 comments:

MNBandMom said...

Oh I am LOVING it - LOVING IT!! It's a meg week sort of...I've been feeling a bit stressed and I cleaned out both girls closets!! I found Jimmy Hoffa, Amelia Earhardt and the WMD!! WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Love it Mama - you DONE good!

Momijimanjyu said...

When can I come over? You can watch the miniMomis while I take a bath. LOL

Mama said...

Come over today. It's a GREAT tub (which I think is OK to say b/c I didn't pick it - it was just here.) You can adjust the jets so that even miniMomis can enjoy some soft bubbles in their bath. Hence, everyone wanting to use that bathroom every day. 0_0

I'm sorry you're stressed, MM! Keep cleaning until you find Bin Laden...