CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

BFFs

Some of you are blogging and posting pictures of the things that are near and dear to your heart.  A blog shows the world what you love and what is important to you.  And this blog is no different.  This is a place for my family to share with you what is precious to us.  That said, let me take a moment to introduce you to two of my new best friends who are oh-so important to me.  

 

 

This is just a candid shot of my girls. They are so much cuter than this in real life!  You know, the camera adds 10 pounds…

They do everything with me!  These hard-working ladies help me tidy up and listen as I need to get things off of my chest (things like, “Am I the only one in this family who can see the dust bunny and do something about it? Well, apparently I am!”)  Some friends listen, but these girls listen - and they offer support. They get right under that bed with me and root around for the funk and the trash with me, all the while, listening to me gripe about it.    

And best of all - they help me to be better. They find stuff like this

 

and this

 

 

but they don’t just talk about the filth behind my back. They just get in there with me and help get rid of it. They never gossip about my grunge behind my back and they’re real problem solvers - two of my favorite attributes in a person!

So here’s to you, gals!  Seeing as I spend more time with you in a week than I do with half my more-human friends, I thought you deserved a post!  Thanks for keeping us clean!  Forget the wind beneath my wings - you are (sniff) my 12 amps beneath a plastic case…

12 comments:

Mr. Mormon said...

Oh, man. You need help: a 12-step program, prescription drugs, intervention, electro-shook therapy, SOMETHING!

I love you to death but you are a sick-sick woman. You need a new hobby; how about World of Warcraft?! :-)

MNBandMom said...

Is this all because Gee posted a picture of her clean steps?????

Aye yie yie.

I must caution you about posting px of "your girls" on the net. There are predators and vacuphiles out there that would love to see those pictures and then post them on their blogs for their own sick pleasure.

Mama said...

Vacuphiles? BWAH HA HA HAAAAAAA

I don't want my girls harmed.

Mr. Mormon - I didn't hear you griping last night when your pool table room had sparkly clean carpets? And Electric Shock therapy got me where I am today, Big Boy.

Now - when are we pressure washing the back porch. I have a baby shower here on Saturday.....

Mama said...

Oh -and yes - clean steps like Gee's haunt me in the night. I wonder why I cannot keep up.

So now, I'll be haunted by my steps AND the thought of someone hurting my precious babies and (weep) thwarting my cleaning!!

Mr. Mormon said...

[quote]
Now - when are we pressure washing the back porch. I have a baby shower here on Saturday.....
[/quote]

Umm, nope, sorry, not on my schedule. Hmmm, not on yours either. ;-)

Mama said...

Dude - throw me a (sparkly clean, well sanitized) bone. You knoooooooow you want to clean that porch with me. Think of how fresh and nice it will look.

And then we'll get some lovely new patio furniture for it to make it complete. So much happiness at one time!!!

Mr. Mormon said...

Happiness for whom??

Edward Sizler said...

Clearly Mr Mormon is not seeing the bigger picture here. Doesn't he know the phrase, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy?" He really needs to learn his place. I know all that 'man of the house' stuff, but come on, really? Who's buying into that? No one I tell you! No one that has a sane bone in his body! No one walking without a limp, at least. Not me mister. I'm with the program. So far this week I've cleaned out the hall closet and made it into a seven shelf pantry, hired a painter for next week to paint the place, started cleaning out the closet on the patio and even gotten two jobs starting the week after next. Who's the favorite now, hmmmmmmmm??????

Drat. Okay, it's still probably you. But you suck up and that's not fair. Your wife is sooooo neglected.
I'd go on strike were I her.

MNBandMom said...

Anne Heche keeps her carpets spotless...just sharin!

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

Oh, Mama . . . I'm nominating you for the Martha Stewart Award!!! You are so young to have reached this stage! (sniffle) It just makes a mother proud. . . and misty-eyed . . . and thinking she needs to eat a Hershey bar .

MNBandMom said...

You created this Jackie???? You get the AVIATOR award with matching Howard Hughes Knees socks and a year's supply of milk.

Mama said...

Umm - she did create this. This level of OCD doesn't just occur in nature. Oh no - a mother's love can create it.

Note to all - Mr. Mormon got his lazy bum outta bed this morning before noon and actually tried to pressure wash the porch for me. OH yeah - he rocks!