CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

You know your family...

...has an engineer in it when everyone spends the better part of their weekend playing with a physics tool on the computer to make a Roub Gouldberg machine.

You know you are old when you go into Old Navy to find a new frock and realize you've owned every style featured in the store at some point in your life.  

You know you are old and crochetey when you refuse to buy anything because you already lived long enough to learn - 
A. white pants look good on virtually no one larger than a size 2.
B.  there are few virtuous reasons to wear a gold lame bathing suit.
C.  baby doll dresses look best on folks with no breasts, hips, or bums. Or, well, baby dolls.

You know you have OCD about placement and symmetry in decorating when you  are discontented with how some IKEA storage boxes are looking in the corner of the family room, so you seriously consider an addition for better chi.

You know something is off in the world when you see plenty of normal folks driving cars when you are out on the road - but in the DMV, you are the only one doesn't seem to have a steel plate in her head.


5 comments:

MNBandMom said...

Well I get the engineer part - totally get that gig mon.

As for the white pants - the last pair I owned, I ripped in the butt when I bent over ( that ought to tell you how long it's been since TIGHT PANTS were in style then ).

I have never been able to find anything cute for moi at Old Navy. I do buy jeans there for Jen though :)

I have no boobs but I am not the baby doll type. I would look like Chuckie in one of those get ups.

As for your Chi - it's obvious it's time to look for a new house. You've used up all your chi points in the current shack.

:)

Edward Sizler said...

I don't think it's an engineer thing. It's a guy thing. You remember, 'boys with their toys'.

Clearly I'm out of the loop. When did white pants go out of style? I know that there's some unwritten rule about no white pants after July 10th or something. Who is in charge of the "white pants police??" Are they a subdivision of the 'fashion police?' What's the penalty for wearing white pants at the wrong time? Do you have to do push-ups or paint a house or pick up litter on the side of the road? I'm very confused about this. Someone we know and love once said, "Spandex is not a right". Gold lame isn't either. And so I completely understand here, baby doll dresses look good only on people with no breasts, hips or bums? That leaves Steven Hawking. I'm done here. I've made my point. Mental picture time. Enjoy!

Mama said...

MM - I'm lol-ing at your splitting your white britches. Were the Gitano? Or Jordache? ooohhh la la

Mine were Esprit and I stuffed myself into them until I could stuff no more.

I LOVE OLD NAVY! You just need me to shop with you. :)

And clearly, I do need a new home. This place rots.

Egg - you are somewhat insane - you know that, right? Go do some old school PE to get your energy out. Be sure to wear your tube socks with the color bands on top!!!!!

Edward Sizler said...

Geez, I thought that black socks would be just the look with red shorts, a black leather belt and a tie dyed t-shirt. Is there a rule on wearing black socks? I mean, are they like okay after July 20th or should I wait till later in the year? What exactly is the rule???

Mama said...

CP - I, too, am often confused about the rule of men's socks. When I forget, I just look to Europeans and Michael Jackson as my inspiration. Ergo - black socks with shorts and sandals are best suited for vacation wear. And white socks are always appropriate with your high waters. And feel free to accessorize your ensemble with a single, silver glove.