CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pink rooms - everywhere you go!

1.0 got her room updated. The theme she chose was "girlie boutique" and let me tell you - while I didn't love the process of painting the furniture...I am sure glad I did! It used to be an ugly stained wood brown and now it is sleek and stylish (click on photos to see them giant-ized - you know you want to know what those shapes are on the bed!) My favorite parts are the chandelier (thank you IKEA!) and the shelves on the wall where she showcases her "accessories."  It's not easy to see in this spread, but there is black and white polka dot (or "polka dotters" as 3.0 likes to refer to them) ribbon everywhere that I am so in love for.

I decided  a theme makes decorating a TON easier, but you have to watch it or you get really silly. At one point, she wanted an old timey cash register to put her jewelry in to complete the look.  Wait - that really is cool now the more that I think about it.  DANG IT!  This kid has better taste than I do!

We framed some Vogue photo spreads on the wall and let me tell you - I love Vogue!  It's been a long time since I perused one, but if you love fashion, it's a dream.  1.0 spent more time squirreled away drooling over the pages than she did helping me paint.

 Now, off to update 2.0's room.  I'm trying to convince her she doesn't want her room to be turrets with dragons popping out of the walls. argh

8 comments:

Drama "O" said...

Awesome 1.0 You have GREAT TASTE !

Mama said...

But not better than her mom's - right???

0_0

MNBandMom said...

Of course she does not have as good of taste as you do - that's a given.

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! :-)

Mama said...

It's so much cuter in real life, I must say. But THANKS LADIES!!!!!! The black and white polka dot ribbons don't show up well in the pictures - but on the chandelier - the polka dots are just too cute for words!!

MNBandMom said...

I love the way you did the window treatments - and that the bed is in front of it - kinda makes for a dramatic headboard thingie.

And yes...that is the techinical term.

Mama said...

MM - I get what you mean.

When we first lived here, we had her bed like that, but there are trees that brush against that window and the sound would freak her out.

Now that she's older, she says she loves the sound - we'll see!!!! I try to let them have a lot of say about their rooms - so if we need to move the bed again - I'll weep - but I'll do it. :)

Jackie saw it tonight!! (Sorry I missed you, Mom!) I think she can tell you it's so much cuter in person - the lamp cord is covered in this so cute polka dot ribbon and it's just so girly fun.

Thanks everyone for looking!

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

The room is too cute for words and I just love it! Can everyone tell 1.0 stores her shoes on the shelves? Like in a boutique? So darned cute!