CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Things that don't suck


It's nearly Thanksgiving and down here in the House of Mormon and there is much to be thankful for.  There are also some stresses, but I beat their butts down every morning and keep on chugging. I'm dope like that.

I'm grateful that it's nearly time to chow on some turkey because I really love (deep-fried) turkey and I only ever eat it - ohhhh - once a year!  I don't know why I don't kill giant birds and stuff my face with them more frequently.  It's cheap and tasty and .... ya know ... cheap and tasty!  (Note to self - eat more turkey.  Especially when Jackie Oh provides it so it's totally free!)

I'm also very pleased that Mr. Mormon's old job is letting him hang out for a while and that he has another job in hand (as well as another interview for his dream job.)  It's nice to have employment in this crap economy. And while I'm always appreciative of how hard Mr. Mormon works to sustain me in the lifestyle I've grown accustomed to, the situation has helped me learn more about myself, as well.  I know now that I'm capable of tightening up much more than I had realized and I also learned that possible unemployment is TOTALLY great for my figure.  My good butt jeans are back on....well....my good butt.  YAHOO!  Thanks Mr. Mormon for getting canned!  My butt totally appreciates it!  (And who are we kidding? Your eyes totally appreciate it, too.)

And rounding up today's post on things that please me...I'd like to let the world know I'm thoroughly stoked that it's cold here and I'm getting to layer my clothes. I look so much better layered.  Most folks do, in fact.  I feel like Mother Nature has smiled on me every day I get to layer clothing due to cold.  Thanks Mother Nature!

So - whatcha loving about life lately, good homeys?

5 comments:

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

Waking up. And, I'm sooo grateful for granddaughters who tell me they love me; kids and their spouses who are the best in the world; a husband who's working his buns off for us; black jeans; cold weather; fried turkey (oh, man!!!); a most incredibly wonderful extended family; and a red convertibles in the cool, Florida weather, with music blasting. Yep . . . it's all good and I am thankful.

Edward Sizler said...

Wow...the list is big, big, big, but my small list is:

I'm thankful for the love of my life, Jackie-Oh and the fact that Heavenly Father has allowed me to have more time with her. I'm sure he could use more angels like her in the celestial kingdom, but he decided to let me have her for a while longer. He knew that I'm pretty pathetic without her and I'd be much more of a problem should she not be around. :-)

I love fried turkey also and the fact that I have an extended family that allows me to pig out with them on Turkey Day; granddaughters who love 'the Egg'; my kids who work hard on their education so that they can have good jobs and lives filled with what they need/want, (fingers crossed); my photographic talent (albeit however small); a wonderful apartment filled with love, to come home to each night; and lots of good friends to laugh with.

I'm very lucky.

Nancy Face said...

That picture is sooo cute! :D

I love when my married kids want to come over and hang out! :)

My hubby wants to try a Dutch oven turkey, which is fine, but I also have to have one in the oven inside the house so the kitchen will smell delicious! So we're cooking two smaller ones...YUMMY!

MNBandMom said...

I'm so very thankful to have wonderful people in my life. I love and "LIKE" my husband and I'm thankful we will be married 19 years tomorrow.

I'm thankful for 3 wonderful kids that teach us daily and remind us that we aren't "all that".

I'm thankful for the gift of autism ( ok that one is harder to type ) because it has led me to some of the most wonderful people in the world.


Finally, I'm thankful for support hose, wrinkle cream, drano, clorox wipes, pre-cut salad mixes, The Walgreen's photo studio, Target, crockpots, and Mormons. ( not necessarily in that order!! ).

Signed,

The Thankful Catholic

Mama said...

I love what y'all have added!

Nancy - I will admit - I like the smell of the turkey cooking in the house. I might just have to make another turkey this year to get it! (Jackie Oh got us 2 turkeys as well. We're turkey hogs, apparently!)

Thanks for sharing, good homeys! I'm thankful someone posts on this blog!