CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What says Relief Society like The Golden V?

Photobucket

Mr. Mormon has nearly redeemed himself to me.  He called me a new VT Coordinator and......

I AM SO IN LOVE FOR HER!

She rocks!  She has tons of ideas, she's high energy, and I think this will be perfect for our ward.

The whole team is excited about working with her. She is ready to come to Presidency meetings and said she'll get the job done and for us to not stress about overwhelming her. What a breath of fresh air!  She's very passionate about this and I think we will have a blast together.

I was telling her how much fun the sisters have been having with my "giveaways."  They are dorky, for the most part, but I'm getting tons of responses and sisters are cracking up.  (I've been previewing my lessons via email and having sisters guess the answers to fill in the blank questions related to my lesson theme.  The first girl to get the right answer is the winner  of some corny prize.  My favorite prize so far was an ice cream maker - that was a big hit and had lots of folks trying hard to get the right answer!)

So anyway - we're having giveaways and I've been told this is the most fun folks have had in a long time in church.  (We fancy ourselves hysterical.)  I told the new Coordinator that I'd love to have some prize winning opportunities with Visiting Teaching. Because what says, "This will help your eternal salvation" like a prize for doing good work?

For February, she's created a quiz that VTers can use to get to know their sisters better. It's great!  But the best part?  The winner (I suppose that is the person who collects the most completed quizzes?) receives....drum roll please....The Golden V.

That's right!  We're taking a letter V - painting it gold - and going to pass that puppy around to that month's deserving companionship. Perhaps they've just been 100%ers that month. Perhaps they had to fight off someone's chickens and pigs to get to the front door of a sister and she wasn't even home.  Perhaps their sister they visited is a heroin addict and they got to help her through the detoxes. There are so many worthy reasons that will allow one to win The Golden V.

Each companionship who receives The Golden V will be able to further decorate it as they see fit prior to it being passed on, the next month, to another nearly translated companionship.

I love it - The Golden V in Relief Society! Oh yes, I think we may get released, yet!  

0 comments: