CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 30, 2009

In case the flu wasn't bad enough...

...ALL of us have the flu.


Excepting 2.0. She's happy and perky and only struggling with some asthma - but no flu like the rest of us. And it's good for us that she doesn't have the flu seeing as we all stayed home today to puke and re-group and 2.0 was the family nursemaid. The child did a fabulous job, I must say.

The flu is a mean, mean thing. Sure, it makes you fierce sick. And it makes you take sick time from a job where you haven't accumulated any, yet. Additionally, apparently, the flu makes you gain weight. You read that right. Yesterday, I weighed myself and weighed a svelte number of pounds. This morning, after a night of puking and only having eaten a tiny lunch yesterday, I weighed two pounds more - which is no longer svelte.

WHAT THE MONKEY?

I'm blowing chunks like a wrestler trying to make weight and I GAINED two pounds? Where is the justice?

Speaking of unjust things - Mr. Mormon used today and our inability to do much other than lay on the sofa to watch some shows with the children. They are currently in love with the 1980s cartoon Dungeons and Dragons. You know, I've endured House, Heros, and even Battlestar Galactica. And now the man expects me to endure DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS? He continues to add insult to my injury...they are working on memorizing the opening together!

And I think I'm going to work on ordering Season One of The Smurfs. That won't take the 2 pounds back off, but it should teach him to quit trying to geeky-80s-ify the children!

7 comments:

MNBandMom said...

You didn't have the flu until you mocked Minnesota weather - just saying.

Mama said...

Thou art dead to me - la la la la la la laaaaaa....

MNBandMom said...

You are a walking leper colony to me!

Edward Sizler said...

It's a terrible thing to have the flu and it's a worse thing to have a family with the flu. It's a good thing that 2.0 is resistant, (must be the strength gained from fighting off raccoons in the dead of night).

If you need something, call. We're here for you.

Unknown said...

...and I bet it smells like cotton candy.

Mama said...

CU - 2.0 was on inhaled steroids for her asthma. But let's just pretend she has Herculean strength - shall we.

And lol Annie - I should have seen that one coming!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I am sorry you have the flu!

As for the enchiladas...I make them low fat. Use 2% cheese, low fat sour cream and whole wheat tortillas!