CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summertime!!


Oh what do YOU do in the summertime?  (LDS homeys - crank up the jammin tunes!)

Got any fun summer plans?  We're not going anywhere (at least - no where major) and are having the hot new vacay - the Staycation.  That's a fancy way of saying we're staying at home, doing nothing.

The kids have a couple of low-key camps and we'll do swim lessons and some things with friends. My big goals for the summer are to help the big girls learn to cook more and to get Annie caught up some for next school year.  She'll be reading, writing, and 'rithmetic-ing it up so that we can get some gains made.  At least, that is the plan.  

Last summer, we didn't have the money to do many fun things and I didn't even get away with my friends like  I'd planned to. In some ways, it was rough - don't get me wrong. There was a (snotty, catty, unattractive) disappointment in not having the opportunity to do some fun things.  But in time, I did come to enjoy the lack of schedule and routine and how many fun things we got to do that we otherwise would never have.  We read tons of books together and then would watch the movies, I achieved THE perfect tan, and we bonded. We played more with the neighbors and had tons of sleepovers and simple, spontaneous parties.   I was sad to see my little homeys go to school at the end of vacation. It didn't start off as the summer I'd been dreaming of, but it did end up rather lovely (minus diverticulitis.)

Speaking of having a summer you weren't dreaming of - a little cutie (link below) is having a rough patch. I thought I'd link to her here so that if any of you have experienced something like this, you could share with her.  I know when I have experienced trials, it has helped immeasurably to know someone else who has been through it and who can show me the ropes. I didn't know if any of you might have a clue?  And I think we all could send warm thoughts her way...  http://www.busybeelauren.blogspot.com/ 

Ok - I'm going to the pool.  Last one in is....Marksmomm!!

14 comments:

Momijimanjyu said...

We are going to DC for a week. That's it. lol

I will stop by your friends blog and send well wishes. :)

Mama said...

Awww - you're too nice, Meanie Momi. I don't know her from Adam, really, but I read her blog and she is always delightful. To hear of such a young person going thru this is sad - especially when she is trying to plan a wedding. This should be the happiest time of her life!

We're going to DC next summer. Drat - we coulda hooked up!!!!!!!! Why are you going there?

Momijimanjyu said...

Thanks. I am gonna see if there is an adult place like Locks Of Love just in case she needs a hairpiece. I like her blog to. lol


We are going to DC to be tourists. LOL We may go next year also. Depends on how much we like it.


BTW, I updated my blog. :)

Mama said...

If you go next year - we are SOOOO hooking up!!!!

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

I LOVE the song! I hadn't heard it in years but sang along, immediately; it is now stuck in my head, which is okay, for now. Yahoozers for fun Primary songs! :-)

Mama said...

Thanks, Old Hag! I think the 2 best things about my blog are the posters who share their thoughts and my JAMMIN TUNES.

Which is why it cuts that you turn your speakers down on me. Shot thru the heart - and you're to blame. You give jammin tuuuuuunes, a bad name...

Momijimanjyu said...

What was that LDS(I think it was LDS) movie called? Stripling Warriors?? I was thinking about that movie the other day but had a brain fart on the title of it.


Ohh and I like your tunes also. :)

Mama said...

Dang, Momi - I don't know. I haven't seen many of those productions.

You are now my favorite because you love the tunes.

MNBandMom said...

Jackie - I just want you to know that Mama is keeping a VERY ENTERTAINING topic from you because you might have TOO much fun and "stroke out"....just sayin.

Mama said...

You do know I can delete comments, right?

Mama said...

Oh - MM - go blog about purity pants!!!

MNBandMom said...

I'm telling you ....we need ones with EXIT on the back

Jackie-Oh Cleaver said...

Just what is it that I am missing, Missy? And, I DO listen to your tunes, for a minute or two . . . so there!!!
Man, I am so not feeling the love, today. :-(

Nancy Face said...

...I fish in a stream, and lazily dream on the banks as the clouds roll by...

HEY! We're going on a Staycation too! All of our money is being spent on a wedding! :0

Thanks for linking to Lauren...I really appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness! :)