CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

In case you thought I was getting a big head...

Apparently, my children thought, in spite of my hearty protests, that I would win that little race I was in.

Yeah.  Right-o, kids.  Like I can zip through 3 miles in 17 minutes like the winner did. Uh huh.

As I came running up to the end, I saw my little family waving at me and cheering.  I was so happy to see them!  And I stepped to the side to give them high-5s before crossing the finish line (thereby adding an easy 24 minutes to my run. Otherwise, I WOULD have won, ya know.)

As I was high-5ing my curly-sue 3.0 she said, "Mama - you are NOT a winner!  You are NOT A WINNER!"

Thanks, kid.  I limped on over to the finish line and called it a day.

Apparently, the folks who finished ahead of me were winners. To her, I was the big loser.

She kept telling me over and over - for most of the way back to the car - that I was not a winner.  That combined with the 1.0 and 2.o explaining to me how much less sweaty the other folks were than me really keeps a gal humble, ya know.

I do believe my children will cross stitch this into a sampler for me someday.

2 comments:

Edward Sizler said...

Good news....you weren't first loser!!!! That's worse, I hear!!

Actually, truth be known, the losers were the ones that didn't even enter. I'm one.

Congrats kiddo!!!! We're proud of you!!!

Momijimanjyu said...

HA! Don't ya just love kids. LOL